Picking the Right Tools for Your Business (Part 3): Maximizing Software Adoption

You’ve tuned into Leverage Your Spark, the podcast that helps businesses optimize their systems to save time and increase productivity so you can work smarter, not harder. I’m your host, Brandy Lawson. 

In this episode, we’re continuing our 5-part episode series on how to make a decision on a tool, app, or software service. This is part 3 where we’re focusing on an under-appreciated, but crucial aspect: Adoption. The greatest app or software in the world is useless unless you can actually solve a real problem by using it. I think we are seeing quite a bit of that with AI at the moment. It is exciting and can do lots of stuff, but can you harness that to create value in your business? That is why evaluating the software adoption of a tool is critical.

We’ve all been there, right? You discover this shiny new app, tool, or software that promises to revolutionize your business. But a few weeks later, you find it collecting digital dust. The issue isn’t always the software itself; it’s how you adopt and use it within your organization.

Why Adaptation Is Important?

That’s why today, we’ll explore how to determine if a tool, app, or software will actually be used by your team. Because while choosing the right tool is important, it’s only 30% of the value. The remaining 70% lies in how it’s used.

No one wants to waste time and money on tools that don’t fit your needs. That is why you can use these 5 steps to ensure you’re confidently choosing and using the right software, making your business more efficient and productive. Sounds good, yeah?

How Do We Evaluate Software Adoption Potential?

Let’s go through a few steps:

Step 1: Look at your current tech stack. Do you have something that can already do the job? Remember, most organizations use only a fraction of the full capabilities of their software. And, software solutions are always adding more features and functionality.

Step 2: If you do need something new, ask around for what your peers are using before you go down the Google Rabbit Hole. Most of the time, getting 2-3 options from other business owners or people in your industry will save you days of research and mind-melting comparison charts.

Step 3: Of the options available, choose the one that feels easy and that you’ll actually use. Most apps have some kind of free trial, so get in and see how the software “feels” to you.

By following these steps, you’ll be better equipped to adopt and use the tools, apps, and software that genuinely benefit your business. No more digital dust collectors! Instead, you’ll be leveraging your spark to create a more efficient and productive business.

The next episode is part 4 of our 5-part series where we’ll talk about implementation, that is, the plan to incorporate your new tool, app or software service to get the solution you need.

If you enjoyed this episode, you can head over to leverageyourspark.com to subscribe, leave us a review or share with a friend. Everyone deserves to have less stress and more impact!

I’ll see you in the next episode and until then keep leveraging your spark to ignite your possibility!

Leave a Comment